A Temple In Their Rooms | Occasionally Crafty: A Temple In Their Rooms

Friday, April 8

A Temple In Their Rooms

This last weekend, members of our church were able to listen to or attend the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  We were able to hear our leaders counsel us and guide us in what we should do.  We were able to hear a prophet speak to the world today.  What a great blessing!  Their words are available here if you are interested, or missed out:

One thing we were taught is that we should put a picture of a temple in our children's room, to help them know how important it is to enter into it someday.  For those not of my faith, our temples are our most sacred place- where we learn about, feel the closest to, and make covenants or promises with our Savior and our Heavenly Father.  You can learn more about it here:

Being crafty, on occasion, I couldn't just stick a picture of a temple up on the wall.  I had to make something cute!



So, I broke out the plaque I found at the dollar store last week,


added a little paint (even though it would be covered with paper later, I wanted to make sure the design didn't show through),


Mod-Podged on some scrapbook paper,


added this photo from Lil' Luna,


added some embellishments, and now, my daughter has a cute, but important, reminder of her goal to go to the temple someday.





Now I have to go back to the dollar store for another plaque- boy version coming soon!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I saw those at the Dollar Store the other day, too! I was like, "What can I make with this...this has potential!". Well, now I know!
    That turned out so cute! Thanks for the awesome idea! Conference was SOOOOO good last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! Seriously going to the Dollar Store Monday to look for these! Really a cute display- can't wait to see the boy version! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I don't remember seeing those at my Dollar Tree. I will have to look!! Great idea. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is really cute!! What a great idea!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I try to answer all valid comments as soon as possible, but you can also email info@occasionallycrafty.com with an urgent question. Have a great day!