Winter Bucket List and Clipboard | Occasionally Crafty: Winter Bucket List and Clipboard

Monday, January 9

Winter Bucket List and Clipboard

Happy Monday everyone.  Today I'm sharing a project I originally made for a guest post at Naptime Crafters.  If you missed it, keep reading:

Today's project came about from what I call the "winter blahs".  It seems like every year, once Christmas is over, the rest of the winter just...drags....on.  There's no major holidays, the house feels empty without my cozy holiday decor, and it's cold (well, maybe not where I live in Phoenix- but hey!  50's is cold for me!)

I came up, aided by many different ideas I found online and from friends, with a list of some things to do in the winter.  I'm calling it a Winter Bucket List, and with it, I'll show you how to make a cute altered clipboard to display it on.

First, remove the clip.  All you need is a screwdriver.  Unscrew the screws and don't lose the pieces!


On your scrapbook paper, trace around your clipboard base to make it fit perfectly.  I chose this one based in blues, because the colors and the swirls on it made it just feel like winter to me.  Cut it out and Mod Podge it on.  Trim if necessary.



Add the clipboard back on.  Poke holes through the scrapbook paper for easy entry, then screw tight with your screwdriver.
Embellish your clipboard as desired.  I used my Silhouette to create a vinyl label, using text I created and a snowflake.

Now, I think this looks pretty great by itself!  (not that I'm biased or anything).


But, I put together this printable for you to add to your clipboard.



I know this isn't an original idea- but almost all the lists I found had holiday activities included, and I wanted one that was just for winter.  So, here you go.  Simply click on the image below and save it to your computer to print.  It looks great up to an 8x10, but I printed mine as a 5x7 to fit on the clipboard.

 (If you don't want a clipboard, this would be great to frame and use a dry-erase marker to check off your activities!)

And now, you have some fun ideas to keep you busy this winter, and a cute clipboard to make you happy!


Linking to some of these parties- come party along with me!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. very cute, love the paper & colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW--so, so cute! Great tip for removing the clip part, and I love the papers you used. I get the winter time blues too, but this cute craft definitely cheers me up! Just tweeted this! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great! I've got this linked to my Winter printables roundup post too today, for inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I try to answer all valid comments as soon as possible, but you can also email info@occasionallycrafty.com with an urgent question. Have a great day!