Girl's Pieced Skirt (and Coordinating Shirt) | Occasionally Crafty: Girl's Pieced Skirt (and Coordinating Shirt)

Sunday, February 26

Girl's Pieced Skirt (and Coordinating Shirt)

Last week, thanks to Pinterest, I found this Strip-Pieced Skirt from SarahB Designs for Moda Bake Shop.  I thought it would be the perfect thing for my next sewing project.

I picked up a faux jelly-roll of fabric at Walmart and got to work.  This was an easy project- easier than I thought it would be!  It's basically sewing straight lines.  It has pleats, which I've never done before, but the tutorial was so easy to follow that I had no trouble creating and sewing pleats in this skirt.


To make the coordinating appliqued shirt, I cut scalloped flowers on my Silhouette Cameo using the tutorial here from Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous (though I did not use Silhouette-brand interfacing- I just used the regular kind you can buy at the craft store).  I ironed the flowers to the shirt and added some cute buttons for the flower centers.



My daughter has a new outfit for her collection, with just the right amount of twirl.




I'm sharing this at some linky parties this week- hope you'll come along with me!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Pin It
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Oh how I wish I could sew! Love for you to come share this at my first linky party today!
    Amy@homehappyhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your link on Adventures of a DIY Mom. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt! I would love it if you would link up at my party going on now! (It's my first one!!!)

    Jill :)
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up at the party at Jillify It! Hope to see you next Tuesday! :)

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. too sweet! love the blue and yellows, the prints are lovely!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valeria! I love everything about this!! The colors are darling. I love the yellow and gray together. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the perfect skirt! I love the colors and the pieced look. I also love the shirt! I'm going to be making my daughter one for Easter. Thanks so much for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this skirt and matching shirt! I would LOVE to have you share this at my link party and perhaps follow me back :) Following you via Google Friend Connect!
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/03/homemade-by-you-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dropping by as the guest judge on The CSI Project this week. Oh my gosh! This is so cute. I love how you used two different inspirations to put together an adorable outfit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I try to answer all valid comments as soon as possible, but you can also email info@occasionallycrafty.com with an urgent question. Have a great day!