In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips! | Occasionally Crafty: In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

Friday, May 11

In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

When I began the year, I knew that some of my priorities had to change.  My children are growing up too quickly, and too often I've been the mom with her face to the computer and the back to her children.  I wrote a little about my struggle here.

Shortly after I wrote that post, I came thisclose to shutting the whole thing down.  Not only was I struggling with prioritizing, but I was also feeling very inadequate and doing the whole "compare myself to the big bloggers" thing. A smart friend helped me remember why I started this blog in the first place:  it was simply a place for me to share things I'd made, and if it inspired some people along the way, so much the better.  I never wanted it to become a business or to make money.  Sure, that seems exciting and rewarding, but the reality is, that takes a lot of time and work.  I've decided it's okay to just blog about what I love, which is crafts and recipes I've made, and people who inspire me.

One person who inspires me is my little sister Laura.  She's a military wife who moves all over with her two little boys.  She's always positive and super creative.  As I was mulling over the direction of my blog, a thought hit me:  Laura should help.

A little about her: Laura got a Silhouette way before it was so popular, and when she heard about my poor RA- inflicted hands cutting out words with an Xacto knife, she gently suggested to my husband that he buy me one too.  It has changed my crafting life!  She is great at scrapbooking, card-making, and general craftiness that I always admire.

So without further ado, I would like to introduce the new co-author of Occasionally Crafty, Laura McBride.



Hello everybody! My name is Laura and I too am 'occasionally crafty' just like my sister. I was really excited to be offered the opportunity to post along with her and enter the craft blog world. I am a military wife and mother of two boys.  We are currently stationed in Seoul, South Korea. Even without a Michael's or Hobby Lobby nearby I have continued to craft and love dabbling in so many different things.

My first love is paper crafting, and my Silhouette Cameo is my best friend. I can do cards, scrapbooks, vinyl designs and even make awesome shirts for my two crazy boys. 




Even after all that crafting I have discovered a love for knitting and have even been exploring the world of felt flowers.   I can't wait to share it all with you!

Photobucket


Laura will be joining me here about once a week or so.  I'm excited to have Laura because she does things I don't do, like card-making and knitting.  I know you'll love her inspired ideas.  I will, of course, still be posting regularly as well.  I'm excited about taking this fun journey with my sis, and think it's awesome that technology lets us do this even when we live so far away.  (16 hour time difference, anyone?)

Thanks and I'll see you next week to announce the giveaway winners!


3 comments:

  1. So very exciting!!! What a great way to stay connected with each other being so far apart!!! A great sister thing too! Love it!! Can't wait to see Laura's Projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you both so much! I am really excited about this opportunity for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie what a fabulous idea! I can't wait to read more over the coming weeks and months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I try to answer all valid comments as soon as possible, but you can also email info@occasionallycrafty.com with an urgent question. Have a great day!